Disability Insurance – Help Your Employee Back!
Help Employees Build A Bridge Back To Full Time Employment With Disability Insurance
In terms of importance and necessity group disability insurance ranks second only to medical insurance. Confidence in your company as an employer is strengthened by short and long-term disability coverage. Employees place peace of mind high on their list of priorities. Does your company group insurance plan provide quality disability benefits? Employees consider protection of their most important asset – their ability to earn an income – essential.
When discussing this important feature with your Benefit Consultant consider the following:
- Your company will want to provide employees with cost-effective coverage governed by exceptional service
- Be sure your HR staff are unencumbered by ensuring employees have easy access to claims forms and certificates
- Ensure your company benefit package will attract and retain quality employees that remain loyal
- Ensure your company benefit package provides an efficient way to manage subjective disorder claims such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and psychiatric-related claims
- Is it in the company’s best interest to “class out” employees on the plan in order to offer a higher benefit level to managers or officers and/or to offer the benefit only to a certain class or level of employee?
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY COVERAGE
Temporary, short-term injuries may result from a back injury, a sports injury or a car accident. Even a short term disability can disrupt the lives of your employees and may also have the potential to lead to long-term financial distress. With this coverage your employee can receive a weekly income while they are unable to work.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY COVERAGE
Employees need to rest assured that their income is protected in the event they are out of work for an extended period of time due to an accident or illness. While there is no way an employer can guarantee their employee’s health, wealth or safety if a misfortune should occur, a long-term disability income can help ease the financial strain. Long-term disability will allow a household to remain financially stable when a family member is out of work. For employers this coverage means not having to make tough decisions on whether or not to continue paying an employee’s wages during an extended period of disability. This coverage also addresses the cost of replacing a disabled employee as well as lost productivity and even worker morale.
Give your corporation the competitive advantage of a great disability insurance benefit package. Contact a qualified Benefit Consultant TODAY!
About The Author: We invite you to BenefitConsultants.com where you will find informative articles about Employee Benefit Plans as well as Industry leading professionals to assist you.
Disclaimer: Information contained in pages and articles on this site provide general information only. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional advice.
copyright 2008 BenefitConsultants.com
Browse other articles