EMPLOYEE BENEFITS CONSULTING
Employees, in particular working parents, face enormous challenges in their day to day working lives. It is not surprising that employees with dependent care issues are more likely to experience a high degree of work-life conflict. These employees, women in particular, find it challenging to meet their responsibilities both at home and in the workplace. Employees who experience multi-tasking overload are most likely to be less productive at their workplace due to an increase in days off, stress levels and the struggle to meet time constraints. When employees return to work from parental leaves and struggle to adjust to work demands, in addition to their family responsibilities, the issues can become overwhelming. It is not a surprise that many working parents will opt for part-time work or they will drop out of the workforce entirely.
Add these issues to an aging population and this spells trouble for American businesses. For an employer, the loss of mature, experienced workers added to the costs associated with hiring and training can pose real problems. Employers must look at this as an opportunity to work together with their employees with a view to investing the time and resources required to ensure a smooth transition back to the workplace. Companies that make the time to explore and implement niche benefits for working parents stand to benefit from less return to work issues as well as a decrease in turnover associated with work-life balance demands.
In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Package ask your expert Employee Benefits Consultant about the following:
- Dependent Care which may include child care or elderly care. This may be on-site child care facilities where parents can have lunch with their children.
- The offer of a free or reduced rate to a health club or perhaps an on-site facility is an option.
- Offer Comp time that allows employees extra time off for extra hours worked.
- Employee assistance programs help people with any special needs or counseling requirements.
- Offer adjustable work schedules that include flex days where the employee picks the hours they would like to work.
- Provide job sharing opportunities. Job sharing will allow individuals to create a sense of balance in their lives while still being able to preserve their career skills and status with a profession
- Providing parking facilities or reimbursement for the cost of parking can be a great benefit allowing an employee to save time and what may amount to large costs for parking. Providing a car pooling vehicle will also reap great rewards in employee satisfaction.
Retain your best employees with Niche Benefits. Get expert Employee Benefits Consulting TODAY!
About The Author: For similiar articles please see:
CORPORATE BENEFIT CONSULTANTS and CONSULTING AND BENEFITS
Disclaimer: Information contained in pages and articles on this site provide general information only. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional advice.
copyright 2008 BenefitConsultants.com
Browse other articles